Sunday, February 17, 2013

Appreciation Matters !!



Today I felt ecstatic to see the email from James, Manager of Application Development, thanking me for all the efforts I have been putting in my work. It came as a surprise after the issues with Carnival Triumph were resolved. I have been working on multiple tasks for quite sometime now, However,  last week has been extremely challenging. I am the Mainframe Release coordinator for the release going in this April. Just winding up system test efforts and coordinating with quality team. Gift cards has been another application where we are still trying to get things streamlined. Infocommand is another application that we are upgrading right from database, web app and parsers. I have been coordinating this upgrade as well.And then of course my Job of Supporting Revenue Accounting application. And last Sunday, Triumph problem provided me an opportunity to challenge my own capabilities of handling pressure and work with utmost time management. I gave in my best to keep everything flowing and the week ended with an appreciation mail from nobody but James made everything looked worth doing. 

There is no end to challenges or difficult circumstances when succumbing to the pressure seems an easy way out but its the victory over the negative forces that provides an unspeakable joy. There is no other motivator better than the sense of achievement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment